Almond Amaretto Pound Cake
Prep Time: 15m
Bake/Cook Time: 55m - 65m
This recipe is a crowd pleaser, whether you serve it plain for breakfast or spice it up with the sauce for dessert, everyone’s taste buds will thank you.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted, softened butter
- 2 ¾ cup extra fine sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Native Vanilla Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Native Vanilla Pure Almond Extract
- 2 tsp Native Vanilla Pure Amaretto Extract
- Sliced almonds as preferred
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup extra fine sugar
- ⅓ cup half and half
- ½ tsp Native Vanilla Amaretto Extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and vinegar. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in Native Vanilla Pure Vanilla Extract and Native Vanilla Pure Almond Extract until well combined. Beat in flour mixture while adding milk and Native Vanilla Pure Amaretto Extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until the center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool completely (in the bundt pan) before inverting onto the cake plate.
- Amaretto Sauce: Combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until smooth. Add the cream and Native Vanilla Pure Amaretto Extract and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve your Almond Amaretto pound cake warm, drizzled with amaretto sauce.