- 5 Extract Vanilla Beans
- Fragrance: Rich in taste and smell; strong, full, Vanilla Aroma
- Length: 4 to 6 Inches (11 – 16 cm)
- Color / Texture: black / dark brown, low moisture content
- Uses: Baking, Homemade Extract
5 Extract Vanilla Beans Grade B 4~6″ Whole Pods
At Native Vanilla we offer extract vanilla beans from Papua New Guinea that you can use for making Vanilla Extract. Extract beans are also known as Grade ‘B’ vanilla beans.
These beans are shorter and a moisture content of 15% – 20%. Our Vanilla Beans have a sweet, floral aroma with a woody or smoky flavor; Hand-selected, premium quality vanilla beans; 1 bean weighs approximately .052 – .10 oz
Making Vanilla Extract Making vanilla extract with rum or bourbon is a great option if you’re after a more smokey or sweet taste, respectively. But we’ve experimented on your behalf and found that vodka is king when it comes to making vanilla extract. Only vodka has a clean, complementary taste that allows the vanilla flavor to shine through. You don’t need the top shelf vodka either; even the cheapest brand will do. Don’t worry if you don’t like the taste of vodka because the alcohol will burn off when cooking/baking.
Vanilla Extract Ingredients:
- 1 Glass Bottle (any size or shape)
- 6 Native Vanilla Beans
- 1 Bottle of 70+ Proof (35% Alcohol)
- The standard ratio is 6 vanilla beans per 8 ounces of vodka. If you would like a stronger vanilla flavor (what pastry chefs call double-fold extract), then feel free to add 2–4 extra beans.
Tahitensis Vanilla Bean
Papua New Guinea
Store in a cool, dark & dry place.
Non-GMO, Sugar Free, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten-free.