This simple Lemon Bar recipe requires only 9 ingredients and 30 minutes! The topping will sit on a deliciously sweet crust and have an irresistible scent. Try this dessert for your next picnic, bake sale, or brunch!
Pro-Tip: Always bake lemon bars at a lower temperature – this protects against over baking!
For the crust:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2/3 cups of butter
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
For the topping
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 and ½ cups Native Vanilla Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Powdered sugar for final dusting
Makes 18 servings!
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees. In a bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, and flour. Proceed to add mixture to the bottom of a square baking dish, ungreased. Bake 15-20 minutes or until appearance is lightly browned.
- Topping: In a bowl, beat sugar, flour, eggs, lemon juice, lemon extract, salt, and baking powder until appearance is frothy. Pour over crust and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Cool completely and finish off with a light dusting of powdered sugar.