Enjoy this Vanilla Citrus Cider with your loved ones while watching your favorite Holiday movies! Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and tag us in your fun.
~ Makes 10 servings ~
- 8 cups apple juice
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup thawed orange concentrate
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon Native Vanilla extract
- Orange slices, optional
- Combine apple cider, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, and salt in a large saucepan.
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings and tie with string.
- Add spice bag to the pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 60 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Discard spice bag.
- Stir in vanilla to your taste.
- If desired, serve with orange slices.
Tip: The longer you let the cider simmer, the stronger it will be!