This is a recipe for your entire family to enjoy! Serve with more vanilla ice cream, or as is, and be sure to follow and like us on Facebook and Instagram for more delicious recipes.
~ Makes 6 servings ~
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 large pear, peeled and sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¾ cup raisins
- 4 cups cubed day-old French bread (1 ½ inch pieces)
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups melted French vanilla ice cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Native Vanilla Extract
- Mix brown sugar and butter in a small bowl.
- Spread onto the bottom of a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Layer with pear, raisins, bread crumbs, and pecans.
- Whisk eggs, ice cream, cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl until blended.
- Pour over top of the baking dish.
- Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator while the oven heats.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Check by inserting a knife in the center until it comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.