Ever wanted to brew your own beer? It’s the perfect time of year to do it. Here is a great recipe using our Native Vanilla Beans.
- 9.5 lbs 2-row base malt
- 6 oz. Roasted Barley (500L)
- 4 oz. Black Patent Malt
- 4 oz. Chocolate Malt
- 4 oz. Roasted Wheat (550L)
- 1 oz. Glacier Hops at 5% AA (5 AAU) for 60 minutes
- 0.5 oz Challenger Hops at 8% AA (4 AAU) for 60 minutes
- 0.5 oz Cascade Hops at 6% AA (3 AAU) for 60 minutes
- 2 Grade B Native Vanilla Beans (in secondary)
- Yeast Options: Safale US-05 Dry Yeast, White Labs WLP001.
Instructions for Vanilla Porter (All-Grain) :
- Mash at 152° F for an hour.
- Mash out at 170° F.
- Sparge with 180° F water to make 6 gallons.
- Heat to boiling and then add all of the hops.
- Boil 60 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Cool it as fast as possible to 70° F.
- Next, you must Immediately rack to your fermenter and pitch yeast.
- After 7-10 days, rack to secondary fermenter on top of two prepared Grade B Vanilla Beans.
Enjoy the vanilla porter with friends on a cool spring day! Be sure to follow and like us on Facebook and Instagram.